What is Automotive Restoration?
Everyone seems to have a different idea as to what a restoration is. Some see it as nothing more than a coat of paint and a fresh engine, but in reality, it’s much more involved than that. The definition of restore is: “the action of returning something to its former owner, place, or condition” Despite what you see on TV, restoration of a vehicle is a long-term process that can span several years, depending on the condition of the vehicle.
Your classic car contains thousands and thousands of parts. At Restored Classics, restoration means that every single nut, bolt, spring, panel, and component is returned to its original condition or better. Over the course of the project each individual part will be removed, reconditioned, or replaced by hand, one at a time.
It’s difficult to predict the length of a particular project. For example a body shell in poor condition can take over a year to be repaired and returned for assembly. The engine, driveline and mechanicals can take months to be meticulously returned to factory specs. Wiring harnesses needs to be unraveled, repaired and replaced. Cooling systems and exhausts need to be replaced. Chrome and bumpers need to be stripped and re-plated. There is welding, bead blasting, machining, heat-treating, tuning, adjustments and much more. Some of this work is done in house, while other jobs are outsourced via our network of specialists within the industry.
At Restored Classics we are committed not only to quality, but to restoration as an art form. We won’t compromise on this. Quality work takes time, effort, and commitment. To us, these beautiful machines are works of art.
At Restored Classics it all begins with the story of the car, and what the vehicle means to it’s owner. Contact us to tell us your story.
Restored Classics specializes in routine maintenance and servicing for your classic car, muscle car or weekend cruiser. Whether your ride has undergone a restoration or is still being driven in it’s original condition; It's important to have it cared for by skilled professionals.
Our services include:
- Inspection, testing and assessment
- Full engine overhaul and modification
- Manual and automatic transmission overhaul and upgrades
- Differential overhaul and upgrades
- Brake and suspension overhaul and upgrades
- Cooling and electrical system upgrades
- A/C repairs, installation, and re-gassing
- Exhaust repairs, modification and upgrades
- Fuel system testing, overhaul and upgrades
- Bodywork, paint repairs and touch-ups
- Interior re-trimming, repairs, replacements and enhancements
- Chrome and stainless moulding repairs, polishing and re-plating
- Suspension tuning and alignment
- Comprehensive engine and dyno-tuning
- Mod plate/Blue plate engineering and certification
- Safety certificates (RWC)
Contact us to book an appointment